I think there is sufficient evidence to suggest that Damien Hirst's work was actually copycats, I do not disregard his work as art, but I do as original art.
Some of Hirst's work includes Away the Flock, The Physical Impossibility of Death in the mind of something Living, and for the Love of God. Which all are trying to put forward different emotions on to the on lookers. HIs main subject of his work is death expressed through the use of a human skull, and dead carcasses of different animals. But yet people question is his work art? From a conceptual view it is, because there is an idea that has been put forward but I think Art has to justify itself which I don't think think it does here. The reason I think it is successful, is because of it's commodity, it is very easy to sell.
No comments:
Post a Comment